Zero Waste Store - Tante M. Unverpackt in Stuttgart
Looking for a different & ecological way to shop?
Are you into sustainability? Just looking for a more ecological way to shop? Are local products important to you? Are you into a plant based (Vegan) life-style?
In the zero-waste store Tante M. you can find all sorts of alternatives for you.
We from Gravidamiga love Tante M. due to its unique and cozy atmosphere, the really nice people, who work there and the yummy snacks and coffee to enjoy. Plus you can do some shopping, too.
THE SHOPPING ALTERNATIVE:
How to save packaging waste when shopping.
You can bring all your pots, boxes, bags and pouches from home to fill with as much as you need at any given time.
This helps the environment and your wallet at the same time.
WHAT THEY OFFER
In addition to food such as rice, noodles, muesli, chocolate or coffee, they also offer cosmetic products and cleaning agents, useful household items or even small gifts. Many of their options are VEGAN, too.
Tante M. chooses their products with an importance to organic and fair, as for example with the extensive assortment of Bananeira or the glass straws of prefair - a young start-up company from Stuttgart.
They support regional suppliers, like the farmer-producer association of OBEG from Schrozberg by purchasing their many great cereal products or the Stuttgart soap manufactory by purchasing their lovingly handmade soaps and body care products.
HOW IT WORKS
- Bring whatever container, jar, pouch you have at home.
- Weigh the container first incl. lid
- Write the weight on the container itself or a sticky note (provided)
- Fill your container with the spoons and tongs available
- Place your used spoons/tongs in the glas called ‘gebraucht’ (= used)
- Take your containers to the cash point and pay
Mostly there are some containers, jars for you to take home with for free in case you forgot one or just brought too little.
And if you just want to stop by for a coffee, you can enjoy the time in the cozy shop window or under the red maple tree in the sun.
- Hot drinks (espresso / capuccino / latte / tea, etc.)
- various soft drinks (returnable bottle)
- Pastries and cakes (daily offer)
- Daily breakfast offer: Müslibowl "Mix your muesli
- and a warm lunch on Thursdays & Fridays
OPENING HOURS & ADDRESS:
Mon & Tue 9:00 - 18:00
Thu & Fri 9:00 - 19:00
Wed & Sat 9:00 - 14:00
If you live in another area, just google Unverpacktladen and your area.
September 2020 by Kira Neumann
This blog post is a personal recommendation and based on personal experience. It has been prepared with the greatest possible care and does not claim to be correct, complete or up-to-date.“